Tuesday, December 8, 2009

TIME TO MAKE SOME "CHANGES" FOR A BETTER WORLD AND BETTER TOMORROW!



The Vatican and the Pope are showing some "California Love" to Tupac Shakur. His song "Changes" is one of their favorites! Yes, 2Pac's "Changes" shows up on a 12-song MySpace playlist that the Vatican contributed for MySpace's MySpace Music, which launched on Thursday, Dec. 3rd.

The list was compiled by Father Giulio Neroni. "The genres [on the playlist] are very different from each other, but all these artists share the aim to reach the heart of good minded people," The Vatican wrote on its MySpace page.

It's amazing that although "Changes" it was released 2 years after Tupac's death in 1998, the message is still relevant today. Tupac changed the way we think. He was not only a rapper or actor... but an advocate, humanitarian, philanthropist and philosopher.

"This came as such an amazing surprise - it's not something I would have ever thought possible," says the late rapper's mother, Afeni Shakur. "I give thanks every day, knowing Tupac's words and music continue to have such an incredible effect on people worldwide. My son was always striving to reach out to as many people as he could, and he changed the world in doing so."

Tupac may be gone but his message lives on. This makes me reflect on the message that I am sending on a daily basis with the words I speak and by my actions... the way I live. Will I say or do something profound and meaningful enough to leave behind as my legacy? Will the lessons I teach mold minds and provoke positive action? I hope so.... each day I try to remember and embrace what's really important, cut down until I can cut out complaints and conflict and do something productive and positive .... even if its just holding open a door or saying a kind word.

Just think if we all did that, the world would be a better place! Why not start today? It's time for some "Changes"!

No comments:

Post a Comment