Wednesday, December 2, 2009

CHEATERS NEVER PROSPER

Tiger, Tiger, Tiger.. as in Woods! What in the world are you doing and why? Why would such and intelligent, wordly, successful man sacrifice his comfortable life with his wife for someone that is not even important? How does one sacrifice everything for nothing? I really thought Tiger Woods had his house in order. He seemed like he had it all.... no not his wife and a jump off (another woman)... but the career, the wife, the family the life! When the speculations and allegations first came out about Tigers infidelity, I wanted to believe his denials. But then excerpts from text messages were revealed:
“I will wear you out…when was the last time you got (bleeped)?” said one message. Another from Tiger read, “Send me something very naughty…Go to the bathroom and take (a picture).”
Ewwww... Tiger sexting??? Never looked at him like that. I guess looks can be deceiving. Well, then it was followed by a leaked voice mail to his alleged mistress:
'

OMG!!! Hasn't he learned anything from other celebs that get caught playing the infidelity game like late night talk show host David Letterman or athletes like Shaquille O'Neil or even murdered NFL football great Steve McNair???? If you recall he was the victim of a murder-suicide at the hands of his mistress!

Tiger Woods is one of the highest paid athletes in the world so why would he jeopardise not only his marraige and family, but his career, endorsements and public opinion. He's already backed out of one golf tournament. Hard to focus on work with all this unneccessary and what could have been prevented drama.

Just today Tiger released a statement, more like a mini novel, apologizing for cheating, lying and compromising his morals and values:

"I have let my family down and I regret those transgressions with all of my heart," he writes. "I have not been true to my values and the behavior my family deserves. I am not without faults and I am far short of perfect."
"I am dealing with my behavior and personal failings behind closed doors with my family," he writes. "Those feelings should be shared by us alone."

Now thats unrealistic... just as the public is interested in every move Tiger makes on the golf course, we are even more consumed with what happens off the course. Honesty is the best policy. Considering he already cheated and lied, there's only one thing left to do.... tell the truth. Remember when David Letterman just went through this same situation and he told the truth off top. And what happened? It blew over super quick!
Seems like no one likes to hear that our role models are doing something morally, legally or socially inappropriate, but although they are super stars, for the most part we accept their shortcomings because they are in fact human. But when our idols continue to try to hide the truth, fake the funk and don't fess up even when they are blatently caught.... then its harder for us to accept and let it go.

Its unfortunate that we don't appreciate what we've got until its gone. Although he's made his situation so much worse creating a media circus with the constant denials, hopefully Tiger and his wife will make it through this.

No comments:

Post a Comment