Monday, December 7, 2009


I was watching the Vikings games last night already disappointed because it wasn't looking good for a win against the Arizona Cardinals. So to make my daughter and I feel a little better about the eventual loss, I decided to bake some cookies right quick. As I was trying to hurry and take the cookies out of the oven so they wouldn't burn and so I didn't miss any of the game, not thinking, I grabbed the pan without an oven mit and burned the CRAP out of my hand! My daughter and her friends came running to see what happened since I was yelling and cussin bloody murder.
Now about the same time, in the Vikings- Cardinals game, E J Henderson of the Minnesota Vikings was seriously injured in a play. The replay was super hard to watch to say the least.
Here it was I was complaing about my hand due to my careless and thougtless action and this man was in jeopardy of not only losing the game but his career... his livelihood!
Word today is that E J will need surgery and needless to say he's out for the season. I have not heard that his injury is career-ending at this point and I for one am praying that he's makes a full recovery!
This makes me re-evaluate the good, the bad and the ugly. Life does have it's ups and downs and joys and pains with big and little things.... just know the difference and don't sweat the small stuff.

No comments:

Post a Comment